top of page
Tastings & Events
Friday, January 26th from 5-7pm
Michael Rando with Epiphany!
Kicking Off the New Year!!
Enjoy 6 wines that are perfect to start 2024!
NV ROEDERER ESTATE CALIFORNIA BRUT
60% Chardonnay, 40% Pinot Noir - Anderson Valley, California
The current release of the NV Estate Brut is made up mainly of fruit from the 2015 vintage. It is a blend of 60% Chardonnay and 40% Pinot Noir and was made with about ten grams per liter dosage. Disgorged in October of 2018, it has a fresh, open nose with pure fruit expression: crushed apples, pears and lemon peel mingle with touches of stone, flowers and toast. The medium-bodied palate offers a lovely dichotomy of toasty fruits with uplifted citrusy, minerally accents with a finely beaded mousse, and it finishes long and ultra-fresh.
2022 JERMANN PINOT GRIGIO
100% Pinot Grigio
Silvio Jermann is one of the most influential winemakers in Italy, turning his family’s modest farm into a hallmark winery in Friuli. Jermann’s Pinot Grigio is an archetypal expression of the region with a balance of power and freshness. A mild winter with above average temperatures gave way to an early and hearty spring flowering. Dry conditions with low rainfall created optimal conditions for even ripening throughout the summer season. Harvest occurred at the beginning of September for the Pinot Grigio.
2022 PIO CESARE CHARDONNAY
Chardonnay and a small amount Sauvignon Blanc
Year after year, the wines of Pio Cesare are recognized for their consistency and regional expression. The grapes are sourced from family-owned vineyards in Treiso (Il Bricco Estate), in Serralunga d’Alba (Colombaro) and in Trezzo Tinella (Bossania). The Pio Cesare Chardonnay is 75 percent fermented in stainless steel tanks and the remaining 25 percent in new French oak barriques. The wine is kept on its fermentation lees for five months, prior to the bottling, which occurs late in March after the harvest. The wine is fresh, fruity and spicy, rich and creamy, with delicate hints of vanilla.
2021 PIO CESARE BARBERAD ALBA BARBERA
The grapes for the Barbera d’Alba come from the family-owned vineyards in Serraluga d’Alba (Ornato and Colombaro), in Sinio, Diano d’Alba and Grinzane Cavour. There are 15 days of skin contact in stainless steel temperature-controlled fermenters. The wine is aged for 18 months in French Allier oak, 30 percent in mid- toasted barriques that are half new and half one-year-old. The remaining 70 percent were aged in 20 to 50 hectoliter casks of Allier oak that are about eight years old. The Barbera grapes grown in the Barolo area give full structure, plummy and complex flavor, with spicy and ripe fruit, blackberry aroma and a hint of toasted tobacco. It ages quite well. Vinous, this classic Barbera has a very well-balanced acidity and really represents the traditional character of the Barbera grape.
2020 ROCCA DI FRASSINELLO GUARDIA
45% Merlot, 40% Cabernet Sauvignon & 15% Sangioveto
Maremma, Tuscany, Italy
The Rocca Di Frassinello Guardia has a strong character, but is still easy to drink. An outstanding introduction to the other estate labels. The native Sangioveto and the international varietals Cabernet and Merlot, are blended together to realize an ideal Italian-French wine. Deep ruby red color. The nose is intense with aromas of dark plums, chocolate, spices and grilled herbs. Clean mineral notes frame the finish and confer an attractive element of freshness.
NV SCHARFFENBERGER BRUT ROSE EXCELLENCE
55% Chardonnay & 45% Pinot Noir
Mendocino County, California
The Scharffenberger Brut Rose is aged a minimum of 24 months on the lees before leaving the winery. Prior to release, the bottles will be riddled (collecting the lees in the neck of the bottle), disgorged (expelling the yeast), topped off with the desired dosage (sweetened reserve wine), and aged on the cork for 6 months. The fruit balance and color are achieved by adding between four and five percent of pinot noir wine to the blend before undergoing second fermentation in the bottle. This sparkling wine has a pale salmon hue with integrated aromas of fresh raspberry jam and wild strawberries on a cream covered pastry base. The flavors are layered, round, fresh, fruity and long.
The purchase of this tasting ensures 10% off any of the selections during the tasting!
We hope you can join us for these excellent selections!
bottom of page